1. Toot your own Horn: Take advantage of every opportunity in your favor. Remember that your College Pro Painters franchise is your own business, and that you need to be the one promoting your business. Promote the brand and promote yourself using networking and marketing tools.
2. Have an Elevator Pitch: Have a pitch ready for when someone asks you about your business or services. You should be able to “pitch” your business within a couple sentences that are short and sweet but also impactful.
3. Define your Customer: Know your target market before you start your marketing plan. Be strategic with who you want to approach and the best way to approach them.
4. Know Your Cash Flow: Be aware of how much money you have coming in and going out. The hardest part of managing your own business is being aware of the finances. Make sure that you stay on schedule with payment contracts, and be prepared for any type of financial delay.
5. Cash in Tax Write-Offs: Know which business expenses can be tax write-offs at the end of the year. There are some benefits to owning your own business, so make sure to be aware of these tax deductions.
6. Be Community Involved: Being active in the community has many advantages for small business owners. Not only does it look good on your company and brand name, but it also gains free awareness of your business to the locals in your community. Once you have an in with the locals, you will be sure to gain business and referrals.
7. Set Goals: By setting goals for your business you give yourself and your employees direction for the business. Making an effort to set your goals also means that you will work hard to accomplish that goal. “If you don’t know where you want to go, you’re probably never going to get there!”